Searching for Quicken Loans reviews? Here’s mine.
We recently refinanced our home loan. Doing this allowed us to reduce our re re payment by $186 a thirty days, and save $22,000 in interest repayments throughout the lifetime of the loan.
I’m truly satisfied with the outcome that is financial of refinance, and I also definitely encourage you to definitely always check home loan rates that are better yet now to see when you can see comparable savings in your home loan. But I’m additionally pleased about the entire process of doing the refinance with Quicken Loans.
This might be my very very first refinance. And so I don’t have much to compare it to.
But i could let you know about my particular experience and let you select if dealing with Quicken Loans on your own purchase or refinance is suitable for you. I’ll help you save the knowledge on Quicken Loans by themselves. You know them among the biggest names in home mortgages, with “highest in customer care for main mortgage origination” according to J.D. Energy and Associates.
The thing I will give attention to is the way they did business beside me. Quicken Loans breaks down the home mortgage procedure into 7 steps that are simple. Here’s exactly exactly how every one of my actions went:
1. Connection (might 25, 2011) – we utilized my personal mortgage rate table and discovered a rate that is reasonable Quicken Loans. I’ll be honest, I happened to be lured in by the known proven fact that I’m acquainted with the Quicken brand name. After clicking “learn more” I was taken fully to the Quicken Loans site and done the contact page. Some body from Quicken Loans reached out to me personally and I also provided authorization for my credit to be taken.
2. Credit Discussion (might 25, 2011) – I received a message from Quicken Loans that my credit have been drawn and additionally they were willing to talk about home loan choices. We called them up and talked with my home loan Banker, Eric Pacifi. I offered Eric extra information about my income, work situation, loan kind, and much more.
3. Good Faith Estimate and Deposit (might 25, 2011) car title loans near me – Before that conversation finished, I happened to be told that every thing seemed good and I also could now log into my Quicken Loans online account to see my good faith estimate. The price I happened to be quoted had been 4.875per cent for a 30 refinance year. If I became cool with this then we could then move forward with all the actual application, when a deposit of $500 ended up being paid.
Quicken Loans has a non-refundable deposit that you have to spend. Having to pay this allows Quicken Loans to lock your price, put up an assessment, procedure the application, and generally get dedicated to using the services of you. In the event the application gets rejected you may be refunded the deposit less any fees they usually have incurred.
There is certainly a little bit of controversy surrounding this deposit.
Lots of people came online to whine about taking a loss as a result of this deposit. I can’t talk I can say that Quicken Loans wouldn’t be in business very long if their sole interest were to rob unqualified people of $500 for them, but.
I felt comfortable moving forward and I also taken care of the deposit using my Chase Freedom card. Deposits may be from $400 to $700 in line with the Quicken Loans site. A more diligent, prudent individual may have taken the GFE after which shopped various other lenders. But I became consumed by the proven fact that Quicken Loans didn’t appear deterred by my self-employment income or absence thereof. They provided me with the green light, so that it ended up being time to move ahead we thought.
4. Appraisal (might 26, 2011) – This was managed quickly and with very little hassle. No body stumbled on the house to accomplish an assessment. I suppose the could actually repeat this online using comps from the region. We bought this spot with 20% initially, thus I knew there wouldn’t be an issue from the refinance since the loan balance continues to be well beneath the value of this property…one of this great things about located in Texas.
5. Verify Income and Assets (May 26 – July 1, 2011) – this really is probably the most tedious the main procedure. I sent Quicken Loans several documents to verify my earnings and assets: individual and company tax statements from 2009 and 2010, bank statements, your your retirement account statements, evidence of insurance coverage, and my pay that is last stub my company.
Throughout this stage, my Quicken Loans home loan banker, Eric, did a great work of upgrading me personally from the latest mortgage prices (I happened to be drifting for at least 50 % of June) and telling me personally the progress aided by the underwriters. He also aided to describe the prices, different term choices, and assisted to operate a situation out to obtain round the debt-to-income issue I experienced.
This process that is whole a long time because half way through the talks, I happened to be told we had a need to be rid of some debt in order that my debt-to-income ratio could be sufficient for the underwriters to simply accept. We made a decision to spend our one off staying auto loan. It absolutely was with a nearby credit union at 3%, it off so we were slowly paying. But then it had to go if i meant we could refinance our place.
We sent the credit union a check from my Capital One 360 bank checking account also it took very nearly a couple of weeks it and process it for them to get. When I got a page through the credit union saying that the mortgage was paid. Then, the underwriters had a need to see in which the money to cover from the loan arrived from. Thus I needed seriously to re-send the lender statements and such making sure that I had actually paid off the debt myself that they could get confidence.
There were once or twice where in actuality the interaction involving the home loan banker and my Quicken Loans consumer service representative might have been better. I happened to be telling them both exactly the same things a times that are few. Furthermore, I ended up beingn’t offered an answer that is good to why they chose to pay back $1,000 more for my old home loan (held at Bank of America). I could now use the reimbursement check from BOA and payoff my Quicken Loans’ home loan with it, however it seemed odd which they simply didn’t desire to spend the actual quantity.
6. Process and Underwriting – (May 26 – July 13, 2011) – This was all occurring behind the scenes as I ended up being supplying information to Quicken Loans.
7. Closing (13, 2011) – We were actually out of town when Quicken Loans called to schedule the closing july. They stated they might do so anywhere also it would just just take not as much as an hour or so, while at the hotel we were staying at so I suggested we take care of it. Somebody from Quicken Loans put up the full time and a separate closing representative turned up at our hotel to shut the loan. She had been efficient, knowledgeable, and expert. We finalized about 100 items of paper and then we had been on our means. This is the essential enjoyable an element of the process that is whole considering my expectations of loan closings.
- Pros: No physical meetings or faxing needed. Competitive price. Honest answers. On the web account administration. Fast closing.
- Cons: Periodic interaction breakdown. Doubt concerning the loan and deposit payoff.
Overall I’m happy with my Quicken Loans experience. They’re engineered to produce a confident refinance or mortgage experience that is new. I would personally truly amuse using them once again for my next loan, and i would suggest them for your requirements dudes if you believe a refinance or purchase is in your future.
Want My Free 31-Step Money Gu
Subscribe 100% free. Get my guide *31 Days to Improve Your Financial lifestyle, welcome show, and regular Five Things digest. Join 30,000+ other supporters.
Triumph! Now always check your email to verify your registration.